Boxer Website Terms & Conditions
This is the Boxer Website at www.boxer.co.za (“the Website”). Please read the terms and conditions below. The User hereby agrees to use the Website in accordance with the following set of rules and regulations;
(i) the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002 (it is the responsibility of the User to acquaint him or herself with the provisions of this act);
(ii) in a lawful manner;
(iii) the terms and conditions set out below.
The Boxer Website at www.boxer.co.za is owned and operated by Boxer Superstores (“Boxer”), a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 1988/002548/07, which has its registered office at 41 The Boulevard, West End Office Park, Westville, 3630.
The terms and conditions are as follows;
1. The User shall only use the Website for his or her personal use only. Any kind of copying, reproduction, variation or distribution of the content of the Website is strictly prohibited.
2. All personal information send to Boxer via the Website by the User will be treated as confidential information as far as possible, unless Boxer is legally obligated to disclose it or the Website is breached. Being a Website Boxer cannot guarantee that the Website will not be breached and therefore the User shall not have any claim of whatsoever nature against Boxer in the event that any personal information is disclosed.
3. The Website is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws and is the property of Boxer.
4. The User indemnifies Boxer against all loss, damage, claim or any other cost of whatsoever nature the User may sustain as a result of the use of the Website or any sites linked to and from the Website.
These terms and conditions constitute the whole agreement between the use and boxer relating to the use of this Website.
Terms & Conditions
- Boxer Superstores (Pty) Ltd (Boxer) and Pick n Pay Retailers (Pty) Ltd (Pick n Pay) will help you to transfer money. These terms and conditions therefore apply to you, us, Pick n Pay and Boxer.
- These terms and conditions set out important things that you should be aware of when using Money Transfers. They apply each time that you transfer money. Carefully read clauses in bold as these may limit your rights.
- For any queries, contact the customer contact centre on 0860 000 387.
- Limitations on transferring money
- Money Transfers is only available to you if have a valid South African ID book or smart ID card.
• You can transfer money whenever you want, subject to the following limits:
– You can only transfer R5 000 per day;
– You can only transfer R15 000 during any month;
– You can only transfer money within South Africa.
- You will not earn interest on any money deposited with Money Transfers.
- When you register for Money Transfers, we are required by law to identify you. We will therefore:
– take a photograph of you;
– scan two of your fingerprints; and
– take a copy of your ID book or smart ID card.
- Your personal details, biometrics (photograph and fingerprints) and your ID will only be used for:
– identifying and verifying (confirming) your identity;
– processing Money Transfers; and
– making changes to your personal details.
- To use your biometrics for any other use, we will need to get your consent which you can choose to give us.
- You only need to register ONCE at any Boxer or Pick n Pay for FREE at the Money Transfers terminal.
- It is FREE to send money until 31 December 2017 at any Boxer or Pick n Pay till point.
- You can receive money at any Boxer or Pick n Pay till point for FREE just by presenting the code that was sent to you.
- Because you need to use a Boxer Money Services or Smart Shopper card to transfer money, you agree that we can send your full names, gender, date of birth, identity number, cellphone number and Boxer Money Services or Smart Shopper card number to Boxer or Pick n Pay.
- If you have agreed, we may contact you to offer other products to you and use your personal details for that purpose. If you change your mind, you can choose to opt out for free at any Kiosk provided by CBSA Services or by responding to the SMS you receive from us (standard SMS rates apply).
- Limitations on your rights
- You must keep the code that you receive from us secret and only send it to the person you want to transfer the money to. Having this code is like having cash and if somebody else finds out the code and draws the money, you cannot claim from us, Boxer or Pick n Pay.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the person you want to transfer the money to receives the code and collects the money correctly. You cannot claim from us, Boxer or Pick n Pay if that person does not receive the SMS, or does not follow the correct process to draw the money.
- You understand that our system may experience technical issues from time to time that are beyond our control and that may cause the system not to work or to be unavailable. In these circumstances you will have no claim against us, Boxer or Pick n Pay other than to have the amount of the Money Transfers, and the fee you paid to do the Money Transfers, refunded to you if it is lost.
- Changes to these terms and conditions
- We may need to change these terms and conditions, including increasing the fee for the Money Transfers. If we do, we will notify you of the changes by SMS.
- If you don’t like the changes, you can either stop using us to transfer money or you can cancel your registration. If you transfer money after we have told you about a change, we assume that you have accepted the change. If you cancel your registration, you can no longer transfer money using Money Transfers.
- We can cancel or suspend your registration if we have good reason to suspect or find that you have done anything illegal in relation to the Money Transfers.